Monday, October 30, 2006

One step closer to being done!


I get very excited about home improvement projects. At this point, we've been living in our house for more than 2 years. The number of things that I want to change is slowly declining. One of the biggest things I've wanted to get done finally got accomplished this weekend, and get this, it was SO EASY.

Closet doors for our guest bedroom. They look so awesome. It's very silly to get excited about such a thing, but after looking at an empty closet for so long it looks great. It feels like a complete room now.

Why did it take so long, you ask? We thought we had an unsusal size opening for the closet. None of the bi-fold door kits came in the right width. Brian had it stuck in his head that they should be bi-fold doors. He even wanted to order these custom made ones on the internet for over $500.

I put my foot down.

Dragged Brian into home depot and showed him my idea of buying 2 of the six-panel doors and the little sliding rail kit. It took a while to hunt down the doors in the exact width that we needed, but hey, the home depot came through!!! It didn't take long to sell him on the idea since it was considerably cheaper than the custom doors.

Now, what can I get Brian to do next???

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?