Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Are you a kindred spirit?




Growing up I loved the Anne of Green Gables series. Timeless classics. I recently started reading them again. Wow, I wait on pins and needles to see what Anne Shirley is up to next. And oh, Gilbert Blythe. My heart flutters. Lucy Maud Montgomery wrote these books at the turn of the 20th century, so I guess the copywrite is expired so you can find electronic versions all over the internet.

My sister, Cat, is seven years younger than me. It was trying at times sharing a room with her as we were growing up. But not everything was filled with arguments and despair. We both loved these books. We would stay awake for hours when we should have been in bed. Me, reading about Anne's adventures, while she brushed my hair. That's probably one of my favorite memories about growing up. Now, my sister is perfectly delightful and I can honestly say she is a true "kindred spirit".

Comments:
What is this...this is too funny. How crazy is it that i just started reading the second Anne book this weekend!! I love you!!

ps...your bangs are AWESOME!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?