Wednesday, November 16, 2005

She's a Beauty!

We got a new tree planted in our backyard. I couldn't be more excited about it. I thought it was never going to happen, but it's so thrilling to finally see it. This past summer, our neighbors on the other side of the fence decided to take down a bunch of trees that were giving us a lot of privacy. I was pretty upset about it, but what can you do? It's their property. I had a very well known tree guy (who's actually been on This Old House) come out and give us some ideas of what kind of tree to plant. His first suggestion was a Cornus Mas, and we decided to go with that. Of course he couldn't find a somewhat big one like we wanted, so we had to go with the second choice of a pear tree. I'm actually loving this tree as it should have really dark green, dense leaves during the summer. It seems kind of strange to be planting a tree in November, but we've been unusually warm here this fall. I can't believe the leaves are still on the tree!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?