Friday, September 09, 2005

My Goal

Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value.
-Albert Einstein


Today this quote struck a chord with me. If I could accomplish one thing in life, then being someone of value would be it.

I'm somewhat shy, and don't like a lot of attention. But when it comes to friends and family, I strive to be a person that is valued. I like to be trusted, the person who gets asked advice or just a confident. I secretly cherish it when my friends tell me things that they haven't told anyone else. I like it when my opinion is valued.

Does this make sense?

A lot of this comes around to the admiration that I have always had for my Grandfather. He was so valuable it was like having a treasure to always cheer you up or solve any problem. He was a pillar of strength and knowledge. I saw how much my parents, aunts and uncles, cousins...everyone...sought after his talents. The fact that I would love to be just like him proves that he was a man of value. I hope that someday I can have that impact on someone.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?